LCCNC Volunteer Opportunities
Calling LCCNC Members!
Founded as a 501(c)6 non-profit,
LCCNC Volunteers put life into our Association.
With so many opportunities, every volunteer enriches our profession and association. Without volunteers, LCCNC could NOT operate.
A few ways to volunteer
- Present a webinar or in-person presentation
- Serve on a Committee or the LCCNC Board
- Write for The Counselors' Voice - our monthly newsletter
- Contribute to our vlogs
- Be a social media contributor
Have an interest, talent or skill to share? Think outside the box - let us know your ideas! We have endless opportunities for you to volunteer with LCCNC and make a difference in your profession.
- Help Your People. The altruist in you is a valued asset to your profession and peers ....
- Try a New Role or Develop a New Skill....
- Make Connections or Friends in the Clinical Mental Health Profession....
- Build Out Your CV/Resume....
- Make a Difference - Be a Part of Something Bigger....
- After one-year of completed service, volunteers are eligible to be awarded CE credit for service to their profession...
- After providing a training event, volunteers are awarded certificates of service (*can be used for CE)....
STEP #1: Find your LCCNC Volunteer Opportunity
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (PDC) - Plan & implement educational events; develop important professional education focusing on emerging and evidenced based practice. Collaborates with all committees.
- REGIONS & REGIONAL REPRESENTATIVES -Training, Webinars, Networking and Micro-Conferences requires many hands working in concert harnessing creativity, collaboration and coordination. From managing on-site conference volunteers, to recruiting sponsors, developing marketing and media promotions, to selecting speakers, conference committee members are key players in the success of our conferences.
- ADVOCACY - Advocate for our license, the counseling profession, and public mental health matters; inform our members about current issues and important impacts to our profession and those we serve. Collaborates with all committees.
- COMMUNICATIONS - Using social media, our website, membership emails, newsletters and brochures etc., this committee works on anything that informs, promotes and communicates. This committee brings creativity, insight and connection with the Board to our membership and potential members and also helps connect the work of all other committees to our membership. Collaborates with all committees.
- MEMBERSHIP - Works with recruiting and retaining members; identifies areas of importance to members and serves as a liaison with the Board to ensure membership offers robust value. Collaborates with all committees.
- UNIVERSITY RELATIONS - Works to develop active relationships with the counselor education graduate programs in NC; assists graduate students and current graduates to gain knowledge and connections in their journey to become LCMHCAs. Collaborates with all committees.
- AD HOC COMMITTEES & SPECIAL PROJECTS - From time-to-time, LCCNC may need help in special expertise or consultation for a new project. Areas of need can range from the creative to the technical - e.g. art work, finance, marketing, conducting surveys or building databases.
STEP 2: Contact Us
Click on "Contact Us" and complete an email. State your interest and availability (interest areas, dates you can help & time you have available). We'll get right back to you.